Sunday, August 14, 2011

Far and away my favourite childhood film - Revenge of the Nerds

Revenge of the Nerds was the first movie I was obsessed with.
It was the center focus (played on our BETA video player) at not one, but two of my birthday parties in a row. It was funny, risque, had teenagers in it, an underdog narrative, and made us kids really look forward to "growing up".

The trailer is still so cute - except for the (kind of hard to stomach) Asian "r's" thing, and the karate comment. The 80's were a time when Oprah allowed some dude from her audience to comment "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". We've come a long way since then. Let's reflect on that, and at the same time I give you all permission to picture a room full of 10 year old 80's kids eating Bugles and going absolutely ape shit over this film.




1 comment:

JRA said...

It was in my childhood/teen rotation of most-loved movies too! LOVED IT! Long live booger, beers and boobs.